Diet pills are well-known for the fast results that they give. These pills claim to reduce weight, enhance athletic performance, and fulfill the body's requirements for multivitamins. However, these might contain some ingredients which could adversely affect one's health. The following article provides information on these factors of the pills.
People have always been emphasizing on the benefits of diet pills, however, not much is known about their side effects. Today, when everyone wants instant results, these pills are highly publicized and widely used forms of dietary supplements. Many people suggest the use of these pills, especially for weight loss, weight gain, or muscle building. People around the globe have had productive results within a short time. However, they may not necessarily show the same miracles in each case, as they might not suit some people. There have been instances where people have consumed these pills and eventually dealt with serious health problems. Also, the pills may show miraculous effects in the beginning, while the harmful effects might become visible at a later stage.
The most commonly observed side effects of these pills are listed below:
- High Blood Pressure: People might experience an elevation in their blood pressure due to overconsumption.
- Nausea: Sometimes, nausea has been observed immediately after the consumption of the pills.
- Headaches: Headache is a very common side effect of any dietary supplement. However, sudden increase in blood pressure might be a probable reason of the headache.
- Insomnia: Consumption of pills that claim to induce weight loss, normally increase energy levels. Increased energy levels might make one feel good during the day, but it can be troublesome during the night, as it might lead to insomnia
- Heart Failure: An overdose can put one at an increased risk of heart failure, as well as occurrence of strokes in users.
- Fever: A rise in the body temperature is another commonly observed side effect.
- Addiction: Due to regular intake, your body may get addicted to these pills, and unavailability of the same, can prove troublesome.
Apart from the aforementioned ill-effects, there also have been cases wherein people have faced serious health conditions such as heart attacks, bad effects on sexual health, as well as problems in menstruation.
Things to Remember
- Whenever you buy these supplements, check for the approval of the Food and Drug Administration on the pack. Non approval of the FDA are signs of it being a dubious and possibly hazardous pill.
- Purchase approved ones and check whether they are manufactured by a trusted manufacturer.
- Avoid consuming pills that have a large amount of caffeine, as they are likely to cause adverse effects on your health.
- Avoid excessive use of these pills. Even though the pills might exhibit good results and may be popular for the results, do not exceed the prescribed dosage, as these pills are designed to show their best results only when consumed in limited quantities.
- Lastly, besides diet pills, there are many other herbal and natural alternatives that might not pose health risks.
- Before opting for any pill, consider consulting your medical practitioner, so as to lower the risk of complications.