There are many workout options to gain flat abs. This article talks about some workout options for the abdominal muscles using an exercise ball.
Nowadays, exercise ball or gym ball, is a popular equipment that is used for the daily workout regime. Exercises performed using this ball, can prove helpful to get fabulous flat abs. Balancing the body or stability of the body is a prerequisite for these exercises.
The workout must be done with utmost care to ensure your safety. Many a time, incorrect positions can lead to cramps and strains in the muscles, which can lead to serious consequences. There are 3 ways to perform these exercises, i.e., straight sets, super set, and circuit.
Crunches strengthen the muscles of the abdomen, and also help to improve your posture when you sit on a desk. There are again different types of crunches which are as follows:
- For oblique crunches, sit on the ball and walk until your hips are on its edge.
- Keep your hands below the neck.
- Now exhale, and crunch in an upward direction towards the ceiling.
- Rotate your body in one direction when you are in an upward motion.
- Rotate towards the right for 15 counts, and then to the left again for 15 counts.
- For reverse crunches, lie down on the floor with your legs on the top of the ball.
- Squeeze it with your heels towards your thighs.
- Now exhale, and curl your pelvis towards your chest, to lift the ball off the floor.
- Perform these reverse crunches 15 times to complete one set.
- You need to anchor your body with your legs to the wall.
- Lie on the ball on the left side of your body.
- Hold your hands below your neck.
- Exhale, and lift your body.
- Now crunch to the right hand side.
- When you have crunched your body, wait in that position for 1 second, and then come to your starting position.
- Perform for 15 counts to complete one set of side crunches.
- Repeat on the right side of the body.
For roll-ins, lie in a push-up position, with the exercise ball between your feet and the floor. With your hands straight, fold your legs towards your abs.
Exercise alone would not help you get a fit body. Make sure you also follow a healthy, well-balanced diet. Regularity in doing these workouts, along with a proper diet, is the key to success.