While a diet does entail some hard work, the tips mentioned here will help you get through the program with ease.
We all know how hard we have tried to first resolve to go on a diet, then practice it, and then stick to it. Dieting has been made to look like a hardest thing to follow. It is this misconception that deters so many people from choosing to use it as a tool for weight loss. However, what we haven't been told is that it can be a lot of fun, and the variety of food you can consume is really vast and delicious. It does not mean drinking only water and herbal tea, and starving yourself to the point of feeling faint. There is a lot more to this process than you believe. Here are some of the best tips you can refer to, and learn how to diet successfully without breaking your resolve.
As mentioned earlier, it does not mean just giving up all the foods you love and starving yourself. It means looking at your food differently, in a more healthy manner, and having it taste as delicious as it always was. Here are some tips for all.
- The first and one of the most important tips to lose weight fast is to exercise while on a diet. A diet is only half effective if you don't exercise. If you exercise for a minimum of 3 days a week, the results will be for you to see yourself. Choose from any activity that you enjoy such as dancing, walking, jogging, yoga, aerobics, cycling, or trekking. Adding a variation to the kinds of exercise you perform will also help you stick to your exercise plan. Don't force yourself to perform exercises you don't enjoy.
- Speaking of forcing, one of the biggest mistakes dieters make is to force themselves to believe that, they can't enjoy the foods they eat when on a weight loss program. First of all, you have to follow a healthy diet and not some random diet that cuts all carbs or all fats from it. Losing weight the healthy way ensures that, you do not become prone to eating disorders and other health problems.
- It is about eating and not starving. In fact, it is about eating more often, but in smaller amounts. Have 6 small meals instead of 3 large meals, and you will find yourself satisfied throughout the day. Ensure you start your day with some proteins as they provide you with the energy to get on with the day. A bowl of oatmeal with some fruits is ideal. Try to avoid carbohydrates in the later half of the day. Finish your last meal before 7 p.m.
- Drink lots of water (at least 8 glasses) in a day. This flushes out unhealthy toxins from your body, allows your blood to get oxygenated well, and gives you a lot more benefits than just weight loss, such as clear skin, gorgeous hair, and a clear, healthy stomach.
- Herbs and spices are not restricted, so look for innovative ways to eat the same foods everyday. You can have a zucchini soup or a zucchini salad, or you can lightly stir fry it with a host of other vegetables and add some soy sauce for flavor. You know the culprit of your weight gain, i.e., foods rich in fats such as sugary treats and heavily fried foods with fattening ingredients (cheese, cream, etc.) Have a bowl of non-fat yogurt with berries instead of a heavy dessert. The options are endless so don't think you are stranded.
- If you have followed six days of proper dieting without sneaking around the refrigerator when no one's looking, treat yourself to a day of no diet on any one day of the week. The weekends are usually preferred by everyone. In short, taking a break is going to be good. Have that chocolate pastry you have been wanting so badly, or a slice of your favorite pizza. Just don't overdo it, or you will reverse the effects that have been so successful all along.
Your state of mind plays an important role in determining the success of this program. You have to trick your mind into believing that, you are giving it everything it 'desires'. Stop allowing it to set unrealistic expectations in return for the lack of foods it craves. Set a small goal, like losing a pound every four days. It is realistic and possible, and if you happen to lose more than a pound, it's like a pleasant surprise for yourself! These tips and tricks have always helped those who have tried them out.
- Proper techniques also require that you do not give up so easily. Dieting is a lot of hard work, but if you treat it like hard work, you will get nowhere. Learn to enjoy every bit of it, from that first meal in the morning, to that aerobics class later in the day, from enjoying a fresh green salad, to the weekly treat, and you will definitely succeed in losing weight. Be positive and focus on your goal.
Perhaps the biggest problem with following the aforementioned tips is the much-believed 'lack of time'. A diet does require you to give it some time and effort, but you have to go through it just for that little time, until you are eased back into your ideal weight. After that, maintaining the program is definitely not such a tough task. Also, you don't have to carry on it for life, but you have to make an effort to be healthy to avoid the various health conditions.